Our motorhome must Have been a rushed Friday build!!
When we collected our Motorhome from Jayco Adelaide in May (2020) we noted several cosmetic defects, one significant defect, and items that were ordered that were NOT installed.
Over the weeks and months since May, as we noticed a defect we added the defect to our list and presented the list to Jayco Adelaide.
We eventually agreed to bring our Motorhome in for the warranty work to be attended to on 12October 2020. This was to ensure that ALL warranty work would be completed when we pickup our motorhome on 21 October 2020.
Following the disappointment with our handover inspection, Jayco Adelaide agreed to perform the following warranty work:
- Clean up all the external silicone edging (if this was attended to, it was very poorly done)
- Replace the white sirocco fan with a black sirocco fan
- Install a second black sirocco fan above the motorhome entry door (this was missed at delivery!)
- Repair the scratch/dent on the left hand rear moulding (this was NOT done)
- Detail cabinetry (laminate not sticking, edges messy, remove excessive glue)
- Replace rear wall to twin seat – chip damage to top of wall (this was NOT done)
- Reimburse cost we incurred to fit an Anderson plug (missed at delivery!)
- Leak under the kitchen sink to be fixed
- All holes through floor to be sealed
- Curtain tie-backs to be provided for the two curtain walls ordered as extras
- Piece of insulation/foam on top of the fridge to be removed
- Refit shroud/moulding over the Luton peak between the cab and the house (this was NOT done)
- Whenever the air-conditioner is turned on the TV pixelates and becomes unwatchable (to be confirmed)
- When the air-conditioner has been on heating or cooling for about 10 minutes, the smoke alarm goes off (to be confirmed)
- Kitchen window blind above the sink to be replaced
- External TV Antenna Point not working (it works – it was not explained to us at the initial handover as to how it works!)
- USB’s on both sides of the bed to be moved into the bedside cubby spaces
- JHub tablet to be relocated (from behind the TV) and rewired to ensure that it charges (JHub Tablet faulty – waiting for it to be replaced)
- Provide all Operator Manuals – none were given to us at initial handover (to be POSTED – we will see!)
We also agreed to a new handover appointment where we hoped that we would receive the after sales service that was not provided at our first handover in May. Unfortunately our second handover was not that much better. We still don’t have all the manuals that go with the products installed and/or provided in the motorhome. We also do not have any certifications with regard to the gas and electrical installations in the motorhome.
Most frustrating is that we need to bring our motorhome to Jayco Adelaide again to have the work that should have been done this time done. The initial advice is that the parts needed are unlikely to be received by Jayco Adelaide until well into the New Year.